American Baptist Churches USA
American Baptists are a Christ-centered, biblically grounded, ethnically diverse people called to radical personal discipleship in Christ Jesus. Our commitment to Jesus propels us to nurture authentic relationships with one another; build healthy churches; transform our communities, our nations and our world; engage every member in hands-on ministry; and speak the prophetic word in love.
As a people of prayer, purpose, and passion, we are in the forefront of creating a community of faith where people of every race, nationality and culture gather as one in worship, service and work.
The heart of the gospel is God's redemptive love. In our life together, the world will see the power of forgiveness to overcome alienation, the strength of love to transform hate, the power of grace to break the bonds of guilt, the triumph of hope over despair, and the victory of faith over doubt.
Through the cross of Christ we embrace the world as neighbor. Our vision for mission energizes a multitude of servant ministries of evangelism, discipleship, leadership, new church development, social justice, healing, peacemaking, economic development and education. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we work together in mutual trust, humility, love, and giving that the gospel might be preached and lived in all the world.
Go to the American Baptist Churches Web site.
Alliance of Baptists
To Keep Faith With Our Covenant, we:
1. Make the worship of God primary in all our gatherings.
Foster relationships within the Alliance and with other people of faith.
Create places of refuge and renewal for those who are wounded or ignored by the church.
Side with those who are poor.
Pursue justice with and for those who are oppressed.
Care for the earth.
Work for peace.
Honor wisdom and lifelong learning.
Hold ourselves accountable for equity, collegiality, and diversity.
Go to the Alliance of Baptists Web site.
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
Mission: We are a fellowship of Baptist Christians and churches who share a passion for the Great Commission of Jesus Christ and a commitment to Baptist principles of faith and practice. Our purpose is to “serve Christians and churches as they discover and fulfill their God-given mission.”
• Global missions and ministries that focus primarily on partnerships with local congregations and other mission groups, planting the gospel among the world’s unevangelized peoples (ethno-linguistic people groups, comprising nearly one-fourth of the world’s population, who have little or no exposure to the Christian message), and ministries among the urban poor and other marginalized peoples in America’s inner cities.
• Advocacy of historic Baptist values such as local church autonomy, priesthood of all believers and religious liberty
• Partnerships with a dozen seminaries and theology schools and with other organizations that identify with the Fellowship’s mission and vision.
• Connecting churches and their leaders to resources that will help them fulfill the mission God has given them
• Networking with other groups that share the Fellowship’s commitment to the Great Commission
Go to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Web site.