Sunday, February 3, 2013
Theme: Classic Monsters
See photos from the 2013 Bake-Off on Facebook
(you don't have a be a member of Facebook to see them)
Immediately following 11 AM worship on Sunday everyone is invited to a simple lunch of soup and sandwiches in the Fellowship Hall. Afterwards, we’ll sample all the male bake-off entries. All males are invited to participate!
See photos on Facebook from 2012!
See Facebook photos from 2011. See 2010 photos. See 2009 photos.
Rules for entry are:
- Any male 5 years old or older can enter (non-members are welcome).
- The entries should be ready for judging by 11:30 am on Sunday.
- Men entering the contest may receive no help from any woman. Boys may receive some help from brothers, fathers, or other male figures.
- All entries should be an edible dessert of some variety, and of a reasonable size.
- Men may use a boxed cake mix, but should not cheat. (Cheating would be buying an already-made cake.)
- Awards will be given for Best in Show, Judges Award, Most Creative, Best Looking (dessert, not the baker), Best Tasting, Best Chocolate, Best Non-Chocolate, Super Bowl Award, Muy Macho, Best First-Time Entry, Best Veteran, Weirdness Cup, Fruit Frenzy, Best Pie, Poison Control Alert, and People’s Choice (1st, 2nd and 3rd place).
- There are three overall divisions: Boys (ages 5-11), Young Men (12-18), Men’s (19 & older).
- Each entry costs $5 to pay for the snappy awards.
- As always, four impartial judges will judge all desserts. Bribes are appreciated.
Champ Michael C. From the 2001 Bake-Off
More 2001 Winners