Our vibrant church ministers to folks of all ages. There are many opportunities to connect and grow with others, while lending a helping hand to each other and to those in our community and throughout the world.
“For God so loved the world . . .” College Park Church understands that we are the recipients of God’s boundless love and that God has called us to show that same love to others locally and globally. Guided by College Park’s Missions Committee, our faith community is currently involved in a number of opportunities to express God’s love in tangible ways to other people.
How Can We Support You?
Three Nickels is a missions fund-raising program to help people living and dying in extreme poverty throughout the world. The yearly goal is to have 100 families or individuals pledge to give at least $1 per week (3 nickels per day). Our Three Nickels fund will:
- Support Doctors without Borders in its work to stem the spread of Ebola and prepare for future outbreaks
- Aid Next Generation Nepal in its mission to rescue, rehabilitate and reconnect trafficked and exploited children with their families
- Provide clean, sustainable drinking water to rural communities through Watering Malawi
Youth Missions Trips
Most of these ministries are on hold during the pandemic, but we plan to resume them when things become safer.
- Backpack Club: Supports Out of the Garden Project to provide a weekend’s worth of nutritious food for children in need at several local schools. Read about our work day.
- Greensboro Urban Ministry: On the third Sunday of every month we cook and serve dinner to about 100 homeless people at Urban Ministry’s Potter’s House Community Kitchen. We also collect nonperishable foods every month to help Urban Ministry provide emergency food to families and individuals in need.
- Creation Justice Team: Dedicated to ecological and environmental justice and stewardship. Click link for more information.
- Al-Anon: An all men Al-Anon group meets at College Park Tuesdays at 7pm.
- Narc-Anon: Narcotics Anonymous “Afternoon Delight” meets at College Park Monday – Thursday at noon.
- PFLAG: Made up of parents, families, friends, and allies uniting with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ), PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy. Meeting happening virtually right now. To get sent a zoom link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Girl Scouts: We are delighted to host a great troop!
- Outrageous Outreach is an opportunity for College Park’s children in grades 3–5 to grow in their understanding of serving God through serving others. This group is not meeting currently, but will likely resume post-Covid. Activities have included serving a meal at and collecting towels and linens for Pathways Center (a local shelter for homeless families), cleaning up the garden at Kids Path (at Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro), and playing games with Burmese refugee children whose parents are in English class.
- Project Angel Trees during Christmas.
Denominational Mission Affiliations
- Alliance of Baptists, Washington, DC
- Associated Baptist Press, Jacksonville, FL
- Baptist Joint Committee, Washington, DC
- Baptist Peace Fellowship, Charlotte, NC
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, Atlanta, GA